THURSDAY 14TH MARCH 2019
We are delighted to tell you that we have been fortunate to arrange a Year 11 Science Conference on Thursday 14th March from 8.30 to 3.10pm. As you know that day is a Consultation day for Year 8 & 9 and so school will be closed for all other year groups. However, it is compulsory that Year 11 attend this excellent Science conference which is being run by presenters from the exam board.
The Year 11s will be participating in a student revision Science conference and will be provided with an excellent motivational revision day. The conference has been designed to improve student understanding of all three science subjects with varied, interactive sessions throughout the day using examples from real exams.
Students will receive high quality advice, guidance and examples from experts in teaching and examining, to help them to produce examination answers that reach the highest levels.
This will be an excellent opportunity for students to:
* Experience a unique opportunity to hear from leading experts on all three sciences
* Gain top level advice and guidance on how to access the higher grades in examinations
* Enhance the understanding of key areas of GCSE Science, all linked directly to the exam papers, including transferrable skills that improve revision and exam techniques
* Take part in interactive examiner workshops to improve performance in the exams
* Take away a full set of conference notes, with examination tips and example answers
Students will be expected to wear school uniform and arrive at normal time where they will be registered. The canteen will be open with only a cold selection of food so students are encouraged to bring a packed lunch.
If you have any questions about the event, we are putting on for our year 11’s please do not hesitate to contact me firstname.lastname@example.org
AHT Science/Director of Development