A message from the PTA:
Unfortunately, due to lack of interest, we have had to cancel the Race Night scheduled for Friday 15 June.
The PTA rely on support from parents attending events (normally two each year) and also by purchasing nearly-new uniform and refreshments at school events. If there is no support from parents, additional funds cannot be raised – just to remind parents all profits made are used to benefit our children and support DPHS!
We would like to remind parents that although the PTA has only been up and running for a couple of years, we have managed to raise over £2,000 and the following resources/equipment for the children have been purchased:
· Zoolab sessions for all Year 7 students (Science Department)
· Arts & Crafts materials for the Science Club
· Donation towards membership of the National Carnegie book challenge (English)/purchase of books
· £400 towards the lighting upgrade in the main hall (Expressive Arts)
· Donation towards the 6th Form World Challenge Trip
· Purchase of Resources/books/equipment (Maths Department)
· Donation towards Revision books/materials (Design & Technology Department)
· £100 donation towards netball kits (PE Department)
· 2 I-Pads (Learning support team and Expressive Arts)
· DVDs for films (Languages Department)
· Materials for Flying Club.
· Cajon/Headphones/Splitters (whole class set) (Music Department)
· Entrance Fee for go-karting competition
· Bibs/cones/stopwatches (PE Department)
ALSO THEA BUISSON AND MICHELLE HINTON (PTA MEMBERS) HAVE SPONSORED THE
GO-KARTING TEAM THIS YEAR BY PERSONALLY DONATING £180 EACH!
We would ask you to try and support the PTA whenever you can as we would like to continue to help the school in providing our children with additional resources. It is a real shame that we have had to cancel the Race Night as it would have been great to have raised further funds.
If you would like to contact the PTA please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We would welcome any parents that would like to get involved or have any ideas how funds can be raised.