Year 8 continue to push towards ‘The Challenge’ to reach level 6 in Maths. The latest instalment of their Challenge Days was completed on 17th April.
Students experienced a range of workshops that included adding and subtracting fractions, multiplying and dividing fractions, using mixed numbers and improper fractions and working with fractions of an amount. The theme of the day was pizza and students were supported by a number of Year 9s who helped out.
We encourage students to continue to drive their own progress towards ‘The Challenge’ by using www.mymaths.co.uk whilst at home. If they have forgotten their log on, they should contact their Maths teacher.
By the end of the summer term we expect 70% of our Year 8 cohort to have achieved at least a level 6.
A big thanks to all the Maths team and the following Year 9 students who helped out :
The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT) provides an exciting and innovative, classroom-based initial teacher training programme in a range of good and outstanding schools across Essex and Kent.
We offer training in: English, Maths, and the Sciences.
Why train with TKAT?
• Training with highly skilled, experienced and enthusiastic teachers.
• Leads to Post Graduate Certificate in Education with 40 Master Degree credits.
• A modern practical hands-on approach to training in the classroom supported by current theory in partnership with Canterbury Christ Church University.
• Our partnership of 30 schools provides excellent opportunities for future employment.
• Generous bursaries available subject to eligibility.
• We are one of the first Teaching Schools to be awarded accreditation as a provider of Initial Teacher Training.
We are seeking well qualified graduates with:-
• A UK degree and GCSE English and Maths at Grade C or equivalent.
• A passion for your subject and a commitment to “helping children be the best they can be.”
Welcome to the 2012 options booklet, this was distributed to all year 9 students today. A letter has been sent home to all parents of Year 9 students, which you can also read in detail on the Options page of this site here: Options – Key Stage 4
A revision guide with hints and tips for the exam on 24th May 2012. Use the past exam questions and A* example answer at the back to help test yourself. Click on the link to download the revision booklet.